Sunday, February 28, 2016

The Phenomenal And Outstanding Qoutes of Lesson before Dying Chapter 18&19

Chapter 18 - Quotation 1 - Page 141 


"I love you more and more," I said. "If you'd just say the word, God knows I'd drop everything.
"And hate each other for the rest of our lives, Grant? No," she said.

"I could never hate you---ever."

Question 1: What is the theme of the quote. I choose the theme of love because how Grant felt about Vivian. The quotes tell of how much he loves her. I believe that she is his everything. Lastly I believe he love her more than she love him. He does not want to leave and I feel she needs him

.Question 2: What the conflict indicated. I think that Grant is too in love with Vivian and don't want to leave her. He also use excuse like love to keep him from doing task. I think love is blinding for him.






Chapter 19 - Quotation 1 - Page 151
"She was right; I was not happy. I had heard the same carols all my life, seen the same little play, with the same mistakes in grammar. The minister had offered the same prayer as always, Christmas or Sunday. The same people wore the same old clothes and sat in the same places. Next year it would be the same, and the year after that, the same again. Vivian said things were changing. But where were they changing?"

Question 1: What is the theme? I chose the theme of disappointment. I felt Grant was disappointed with his community. He see no difference in his community. Vivian said his community change but he believes not.

Question 2: The conflict indicated. I thought that Grant does not see no good in his community. He is very disappointed in his community. He believe his community is hope less.

No comments:

Post a Comment