Thursday, February 25, 2016

The Fabulous Quotes of Lesson Before Dying (chapter 16-17)

Chapter 16- pg. 119 Questions 3 and 1

"One thing before we dismiss class. I want you all to remember one person during Christmas season"

The quote do indicate a conflict. The conflict is the one person he referring to is Jefferson. By my analysis I can infer that Grant is thinking about Jefferson being in prison. Furthermore, Jefferson being in prison is affecting Miss Emma by causing her emotional pain. Grant also affected because Jefferson a friend and he is going insane(from my understanding) in prison.

I selected  the theme of pain for my quote. I thought that pain was surrounding Grant when it comes to Jefferson. The situation was hard for Miss Emma while visiting. The quote has a deep meaning to me because when Grant thought about Jefferson situation it causes him pain.

Chapter 17-pg 129 paragraph 3 Questions 2 and 3

" You can talk like that;you know go'n to walk out here in a hour. I bet you want be talk like that if you where staying here."

The quote in my opinion characterize Jefferson. He is very bitter about being in prison. He hates that Grant visit him and talk about how much pain this cause Miss Emma. Also he does not care about much anymore. He is like a turtle with out his,
/her shell.

I believe this quote indicate a conflict. I think the conflict is man versus self because my analysis is that he is depress. Also, he does show much emotion and hate his self. Also man versus man because he hate Grant visiting and talking about how much pain Jefferson causing.

No comments:

Post a Comment